Below are just a few key publications and reports that I’ve been involved in. A full list of academic publications can be found on Google Scholar.
- Taylor, J. M., Nelson, C. J., Bruton, F. A., Baghbadrani, A. K., Buckley, C., Tucker, C. S., Mullins, J. J. & Denvir, M. A. Hybrid Optical Gating for Long-term 3D Time-lapse Imaging of the Beating Embryonic Zebrafish Heart. Submitted. (2019)
- Sazak, Ç.*, Nelson, C. J.* & Obara, B. The Multiscale Bowler-Hat Transform for Blood Vessel Enhancement in Retinal Images. Pattern Recognition 88, pp. 739-750.(2019)
- Nelson, C. J., Jackson, P. T. G. & Obara, B. Ellipse Detection by Hilbert-Edge Detection and Ranging (HEDAR). In Preparation. (2019)
- Nelson, C. J. Mathematical Morphology for Quantification in Biological & Medical Image Analysis. Durham University. PhD Thesis (2017)
- Nelson, C. J., Duckney, P., Hawkins, T. J., Deeks, M. J., Laissue, P. P., Hussey, P. J. & Obara, B. Blobs and curves: object-based colocalisation for plant cells. Functional Plant Biology 42, pp. 471–485. (2015)
- Nelson, C. J. The Scratch Wound Assay: Scratching Away at Cancer with Image Analysis. Durham University. MSci Thesis (2013)
* These authors contributed equally to this paper.
- Nelson, C.J., Woodcock, A. & McKibbin, R. BBSRC Review of Bioimaging. BBSRC Report. (2016)
- Nelson, C. J. Interdisciplinary Studies: A Global Perspective. Matariki Undergraduate Research Network. (2012)